Emily Blunt and Ruth Wilson are both in line to help Scarlett Johansson and Cobie Smulders boost the female-to-male ratio in The Avengers 2.
According to The Daily Mail, Blunt and Wilson are both in the race to play the character of Miss Marvel in the blockbuster’s sequel.
Aged 29, the former seems ahead, thanks to her previous experiences as the Black Widow and Peggy Carter, both from the Marvel universe, while Ruth Wilson, the less famous of the two, put her name on the map with her performance in the TV series Luther. Audiences will have several opportunities to get to know her in the coming months, with the releases of Joe Wright’s Anna Karenina and Gore Verbinski’s The Lone Ranger.
Miss Marvel should provide assistance to the Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders) in the movie scripted and directed by Joss Whedon, who is used to assertive female characters thanks to his previous work on TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
The movie will hit theaters in May 2015. Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye and Nick Fury will be back on board to address Titan Thanos’s evil plans. Before The Avengers 2, Marvel fans will be able to catch up with several Marvel heroes with the releases of Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
Source: Hindustan Times
I have uploaded new magazine scans of Emily Blunt for November issue of Harper’s Bazaar Australia to the gallery.
- (x008) Scans in 2012: Harper’s Bazaar [Australia] – November
I’ve added new high quality tv stills of Emily Blunt in “The Jonathan Ross Show” on September 22, 2012.
- (x019) The Jonathan Ross Show: Stills – September 22, 2012
I’ve added new event photos of Emily Blunt attends the ‘Arthur Newman’ premiere during the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival at The Elgin Theatre on September 10, 2012 in Toronto, Canada.
- (x029) Events in 2012: 2012 TIFF ‘Arthur Newman’ Premiere – September 10
- (x010) Events in 2012: 2012 TIFF ‘Arthur Newman’ Premiere Party – September 10
- (x005) Events in 2012: The Hollywood Reporter TIFF Video Lounge [Day 3] – September 10
- (x012) Events in 2012: Variety Studio Presented By Moroccanoil – Day 3 – September 10
I’ve added new portraits photos of Emily Blunt taken with the cast and crew of “Arthur Newman” during Toronto International Film Festival on September 10, 2012. Emily was also at the premiere of “Arthur Newman”!
- (x032) Photoshoots in 2012: J. Vespa [TIFF Arthur Newman]
I’ve added new event photos of Emily Blunt at Warner Bros. ‘Argo’ Premiere At 2012 Toronto International Film Festival held at Roy Thomson Hall on September 7, 2012 in Toronto, Canada.
- (x007) Events in 2012: 2012 TIFF “Argo” Premiere – September 7
I’ve added new event photos of Emily Blunt attend the ‘Looper’ opening night gala premiere during the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival on September 6, 2012 in Toronto, Canada.
- (x153) Events in 2012: 2012 TIFF “Looper” Premiere – September 6
I’ve added new high quality candids photos of Emily Blunt out in West Hollywood on August 30, 2012.
- (x009) Candids in 2012: In West Hollywood – August 30